As at April 28, 2023:
It is each member’s responsibility to know and abide by the following booking rules/procedures.
- You may only play once per day during Club time. (“Club time” means ALL events, sessions, reserved courts, drop-in etc.) If you wish to play twice in a day, public time is your option.
- You may only play at one “level” each week. Example: If you sign up for the Monday “3.5 -3.9 event” you can only sign up for “3.5-3.9” events that week. (You may not sign up for 3.0 or 4.0 events that week.)
- You may only play in 3 “events” per week. (Events are every session except Drop-in and Reserved Courts.)
- If you can’t attend a previously made reservation you must cancel more than 12 hours before the start of your session – this gives sufficient time for someone from the waitlist to be added in your place and notify the Court Host. “No shows” for events are extremely frustrating for Court Hosts. Not only could a waitlisted member have taken your place, the CH has to re-organize the session at the last minute.
- If a Reserved Court has not been claimed after 10 minutes of the scheduled time, it is open to other members or the public (i.e. a 12:00 noon booking that is not claimed by 12:11 PM is open to other members or the public).
- Non-member/Guests must abide by the PPC guest policy/procedures. The person who books the Reserved Court is considered to be “Court Host” for their court and is responsible for ensuring Club rules/procedures are followed. They are also responsible for any non-member/guests completing a waiver (if one is not already on file), collecting the $10.00 drop-in fee and placing it in the locked cash box in the cabinet.
Those who do not follow these procedures may receive a warning email, a second time may result in the Club removing you from your bookings that day. Continued ignoring of the rules will lead to the suspension of booking privileges.
On behalf of your executive,