PPC restart plan
Hi PPC Members,
As promised during Tuesday’s ‘Good News’ email, the Executive would like to share this 3-step plan for the restart of scheduled pickleball for members.
Doubles Play COVID Adjustments:
1. Captains will continue to disinfect contact points: gates, net posts and chairs.
2. Captains will continue to collect attendance of all Club members playing during their session.
3. The 2m distancing while playing is no longer in effect, however, when not playing please maintain physical distancing.
4. When groups reserve a court to play, the 5th and 6th player in the group may sit at court side.
The PPC has a 3-Step Plan to Return to Full Programming
Step 1 – For Play on May 28 and 29 ONLY
1. The existing online sign-up sessions remain. You may sign up for a session, or just show up and play, as we can accommodate up to 30 players per session playing doubles.
2. As doubles play is permitted, we suggest that Captains:
a. use the “paddle rack” system for those that wish to mix with others
b. those wanting to play only with their small group can do so by placing the group’s paddles in the rack, but taking your turn (as a group) with the other players (applies to Step 1 only)
Step 2 – Format for Play Monday, May 31 to Saturday, June 12, Inclusive
The purpose of the 2nd step is to monitor court usage and allow sufficient time to prepare and implement Step 3. In addition, we anticipate more members joining the Club now that doubles has resumed.
1. All sessions will be designated All Levels – sign up for the session times that work for you. If you are concerned about the level of other players, try to sign up with other members that you know are at your level.
2. Courts #5 and #6 will be available (except during Social Doubles sessions) for reservations for a group of 4, 5 or 6 to play together for the entire session. (Only one player books the court online.)
3. It is suggested that Captains:
a. use the paddle rack system, or run a round robin or King’s Court format
b. all players attending the session will participate in the chosen format
c. those who do not wish to “mix up” with others should book a “reserved court” during that time (applies to Step 2 only)
d. the public is permitted to use any vacant courts during Club time
Step 3 – Format for Play Beginning Monday, June 14 (more information to follow shortly)
We plan to offer a full program including:
a. level play
b. men’s/ladies’ days
c. social mixed doubles
d. tournament men’s/ladies’
f. reserved courts
g. beginner lessons
h. skills and drills
The Executive is excited to be able to, once again, plan for a regular pickleball season and look forward to seeing all of you at the courts. We are also hopeful a number of former members who have not been able to participate during the last season feel comfortable taking this opportunity to sign up as soon as possible.
The PPC Executive